Online casino security remains a hot-button topic on many casino blogs and recommendation sites, but why is this topic so heavily discussed? Unfortunately, due to the nature of the internet, everyone has a horror story about how an online financial transaction went awry and victims were left with an almost entirely cleaned out account. It’s for this precise reason that many players who enjoy casino games still prefer to visit land-based casinos as they are seen as more trustworthy.
However, what these players are not aware of is that online and mobile casinos go to great lengths and spend plenty of money protecting their players from would-be thieves. Today we discuss how mobile casino security is implemented, why it’s so important, and the steps you can take in a personal capacity to increase your mobile security measures.
Why is Mobile Casino Security So Important?
Any time we share our personal and financial information online we open ourselves up to possible fraudulent activities, but thankfully if a reputable mobile casino is used the risk is significantly minimised. Players, especially those new to online and mobile casinos, place great weight in the assurances made by mobile casino regarding the security of their personal and financial information and this is precisely why there is so much information available online.
However, players should also be sure to assist in protecting themselves and this is why it’s important to read the fine print. You should always look out for assurances in the terms and conditions that your information will never be rented, shared, or sold to a third party, and the mobile casino could face legal action if found to be committing such acts. There will also be a loss of reputation, financial loss, and the possibility of losing their license to practise as an online casino.
How Mobile Casino Security Is Implemented
A quick search for Canadian Mobile slots will bring up hundreds, if not thousands, of hits, but it’s important that research is done before willingly handing over your personal and financial information. Below we list the standard security protocols implemented by all reputable mobile casinos, but the level of security is up to the discretion of the individual casino.
- Banking: make sure that only the relevant information is required, and it advised that alternate payment methods such as PayPal, Ukash and Neteller are taken advantage of as this separates funds from your everyday bank accounts.
- Licensing: the mobile casino in question should have all the relevant licensing required from an accredited gambling jurisdiction.
- Software encryption: the latest SSL encryption technology should be used for all financial transactions.
- Thorough and regular testing: the mobile casino software and games should be tested thoroughly and regularly by independent testing organizations such as TST or GLI.
- Auditing: the mobile casino should have the endorsement of responsible gaming authorities such as eCOGRA and CFG. These third party organisations will regularly audit the financial and legal position of the company.
How to Further Increase Your Mobile Security
There are several steps you can take in your personal capacity as a mobile casino player to ensure the utmost security measures.
- Never provide personal or financial information across an unencrypted connection.
- Ensure you have the latest version of mobile anti-virus to protect your mobile from attack.
- Check the mobile casino privacy and security FAQ to stay better informed.
- Only use reputable mobile casinos which have the endorsement of major software providers.